The venue used is the most important aspect of your Community Games. There may be an obvious space within your community such as a park or school playing fields that lends itself naturally to the type of sports and activities that are planned, or you may need to research other options.
Leisure centres are excellent for multi-sports competitions and have ready to use facilities that require little or no set up. However, find out at an early stage if there is a cost involved, and details of any existing bookings.
A list of venues that could be considered includes:
When thinking about venues, ask yourself the following questions:
- How many people are attending?
- Can I hold the events indoors or outdoors?
- Does it need to be on grass or hard standing ground?
- Accessibility – is the venue near transport links? Is the venue accessible to people with disabilities?
- How much space do I need?
- Parking facilities – do you envisage that most participants will travel to the venue on foot or by bus, bicycle etc?
For more information on production and logistics please click here